Book now for the Stronger Parents – Stronger Families workshop on Tuesday 3rd May 2022.
The session is hosted by Vicki McKeown and promises to be a very thought provoking and insightful session.
Stronger Parents – Stronger Families Workshop – Tues 3rd May 2022
Happy Faces is hosting a workshop aimed at Parents and Carers (or anyone who lives &/or works with children with additional needs).
The workshop is being run by Vicki McKeown who is an experienced Psychotherapeutic Counsellor and EMDR Practitioner and has a great deal of experience working with children of different ages in this field.
The session will run from 6.30pm for approximately 2 hours on Tuesday 3rd May 2022, in the meeting rooms at The Spetchells Centre, 58 Front Street, Prudhoe.
Places are limited so please don’t wait to get booked.
The cost of the session is subsidised by Happy Faces but we are asking for a £10 per person contribution – but as usual, Happy Faces will does not want cost to be a barrier to attendance so if this is an issue for you please let us know.
Details of the workshop:
Workshop will last between 1.5- 2 hours depending on group participation.
Introduction– Brief overview of who we are and our backgrounds.
Know your own window of calm
- Psychoeducation- brief overview of regulation and dysregulation.
- Individual exercise of doing your own window of calm.
- Message of a dysregulated parent cannot regulate a dysregulated child.
- How to spot the difference between control and dysregulation in our children.
- What is secondary trauma/ compassion fatigue?
- What does this look like in you?
30 minutes- Safety plan/ building your support team
- Who do you have in your team?
- What do you need/ not need?
- What are the blocks to support?